CMSD82 2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration Procedures Notice (click on link to open)
In preparation for the 2021-2022 school year, the Board of Education is seeking the cooperation of parents/guardians in registering their child for kindergarten. Pre-registration is requested in order to provide the School District Administration the time to plan staffing to meet school needs.
It is important that parents/guardians take note of the specific deadlines and ensure registration procedures are followed as outlined below:
REGISTRATION FOR KINDERGARTEN WILL BE HELD
BETWEEN JANUARY 15, 2021 AND FEBRUARY 26, 2021
Registration options for Kindergarten and Cross Boundary Applications:
1) Complete the online registration through MyEducationBC → click on link, when the log-in screen opens, request an account (as illustrated to the right) and follow the step-by-step instructions (this is the school district’s preferred registration option), or
2) Download a copy of the Student Registration Form (regular format or fillable format, click on the desired link to open document), complete and submit by “appointment only” or by email to the school of choice, or
3) Contact your in-catchment school or school of choice to make an appointment to receive the registration forms.
Note: For school and/or contact information, please access the following links:
Kindergarten Registration and Confirmation: Registrations will be received by February 26, 2021 for Kindergarten. Applications received after this date will have to wait until school staffing is complete before receiving status of school enrollment. Wait-listed in-catchment students may be moved as soon as space is available. Wait-listed in-catchment students will be notified of their status for the school year as soon as possible or by the first Friday following school opening.
Cross Boundary Applications: Applications received by February 26, 2021 will receive confirmation by April 1, 2021. Applications received after February 26, 2021 will be confirmed by the first Friday following school opening, or as soon as possible following this date, pending staffing allocations and school configurations. Unsuccessful applicants may be held on a waiting list for the subsequent school years.
To be eligible for entry to school in September 2021 students must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2021. A birth certificate, proof of immunization, a BC Care Card and parent/guardian proof of ordinarily resident will be required at the time of registration.
Acceptable documentation for evidence that parent/guardian is “ordinarily resident”:
- BCMSP (BC CareCard) coverage AND one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows; or
- Valid BC Services Card (replacement for BC CareCard) AND one item from the list of supporting documentation that follows
Supporting documentation for evidence that parent/guardian is “ordinarily resident” (address must match the address listed on the Student’s Registration & Verification Form):
- Provincial Driver’s License
- Document indicating British Columbia resident (i.e. utility bill)
- Proof of ownership of a dwelling or long-term lease or rental of a dwelling
- A current income tax return filed as a BC resident
French Immersion Kindergarten and Grade One:
- A student does not have to be of French origin to enrol in French Immersion.
- Registration for French Immersion Kindergarten and Grade One takes place at Ecole Mountainview, Kildala Elementary School and Majagaleehl Gali Aks Elementary School.
- Registration for French Immersion Grade One is for students presently attending Kindergarten in English, who would like to begin in the French Immersion Program.
Should you require further assistance, please contact Carole Gagnon, Executive Assistant at the Coast Mountains Board of Education Office at (250) 638-4401 or via email at email@example.com.